Last year, Arkansans recycled nearly 3 millions tons of waste. Instead of throwing something in the trash that will end up in a landfill, you can easily incorporate recycling practices in your home or workplace.
Here is how you can start recycling:
- Research what materials can be recycled near you. Find what materials can be recycled near you here: https://www.adeq.state.ar.us/poa/enterprise-services/market/directory.aspx#Display
- Grab a few bins for collecting your recyclables – we suggest reusing a few cardboard boxes or plastic bins.
- Print signs or draw on the containers to identify what materials are being collected (for example: paper, plastic, glass, etc.). You can include the recognizable recycle symbol so others can easily identify these bins.
- Spread the word – let everyone in your house or workplace know the recycling bins are available for use.
- Continue to educate others about the recycling options available when you see them disposing of recyclable items in the trash.
- When your recycle bins are full, take them to your local recycling center. You can locate these centers here: https://www.adeq.state.ar.us/poa/enterprise-services/market/directory.aspx#Display